Communication Based Implant Dentistry
BioHorizons is proud to present Dr Lincoln Harris.
Dr Harris will share his expertise and develop delegates understanding on how to communicate effectively with patients suitable for implant treatment. This is a day not to be missed! Dr Harris will challenge delegates thinking on how effective they really are at communicating with their patients.
Delegates will learn or understand:
- Why our training reduces our communication skills?
- Emotional vs logical communication?
- How to simplify language and avoid jargon?
- What goal-language the patient speaks?
- How to find the patients’ long term goals?
- Why patients rarely tell us what they really want?
- How proper consent protects us legally, provides better outcomes and gives happier patients?
- How communication helps us decide when to do an implant and when not to?
- How to build failure into treatment planning?
- How to build future costs into treatment planning?
- The difference between simple and complex cases in the work up?
- How varying the consultation process for easy and complex cases increases case acceptance and decreases risks?
- What to do when it all goes wrong?
- Parafunction and peri-implantitis?
- To understand deeper and more effective communication
- To learn how communication massively reduces failure rates
- Planning complex vs simple cases
- Dealing with complications
Thursday 18th October 2018
Naim Dangoor Theatre
1 Wimpole Street,
£150 + VAT