MSc in Dental Implantology
BioHorizons is proud to support this MSc course with ICE Postgraduate Dental Institute and Hospital.
The MSc in Dental Implantology course is aimed to equip dental clinicians with core clinical skills and competency in both the restorative and surgical aspects of implant dentistry, through a combination of clinical support and academic teaching in accordance with the GDP/FGDP Training Standards in Implant Dentistry.
This masters course is accredited through the University of Salford and has been specifically designed to take the stress away of finding patients and provide a mentor to help delegates complete their first few cases with confidence. All the required equipment, patients, and mentorship is provided to help delegates treat a diverse range of implant cases (min. 4 patients) within their comfort zone, and gain the practical skills and competency in patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment. All this will be done under supervision of a clinical mentor within the purpose-built facilities.
The course provides a strong foundation for dentists to progress their career in dental implants. You will cover the whole implant process in depth from treatment planning and implant placement to restoration.
- Explore current knowledge and practice in implant dentistry
- Gain practical experience & learn to critically evaluate a diverse range of implant cases
- Build your own clinical portfolio with the support of a clinical mentor
- Become competent in patient assessment, diagnosis & treatment and receive a certificate of competency – this is important for the GDC
- Discover new technologies such as minimally invasive computer guided surgery and explore CAD-CAM restorative treatment techniques, infection control, medico-legal and ethical considerations, and human factors
- Learn with an evidence-based approach making it transferable to your clinic and overall enhances the quality of patient care.
This is a 3-year part-time MSc course, with the opportunity to step off with a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) after 2 years. Across the first two years, you will study 4 modules, as shown below.
Attend an Open Evening
Would you like to learn more about the MSc student experience at ICE?
We run Open Evenings throughout the year in order for you to get a taste of what it would be like studying on the course. This is a great opportunity to talk to current students and our implant experts and to view our facilities for yourself.
Our next Open Evening will take place on the July 31st and will feature a teaser lecture on medico-legal implant case studies by Dr Simon Wright. If you would like to reserve a place visit: ICE Open Evening
In order to be eligible for our MSc/PGDip Programme you will have to meet the following requirements:
- Be a dental practitioner who holds a GDC registerable dental degree and membership of professional body (UK employees only) or equivalent in your home country for international applicants.
- Be able to provide evidence of full indemnity insurance
- Have 1-2 years post-qualification experience in a hospital service or general dental practice.
*Please note that if English is not your first language you may need to provide an English language proficiency certificate. Contact Dr. Gillian Crofts to discuss your circumstances on 0161 413 8335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information on this course you can contact the Education Manager Gemma Thompson at email@example.com